PAEDIATRIC FIRST AID
Paediatric First Aid | Level 3 HABC award | Duration – 12 Hrs(2days) £135
(group price available on request)
Who should attend?
Individuals wishing to become a paediatric first-aider in the workplace with a responsibility for the welfare of infants and children, including carers who have to meet the requirements outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage 2014 and Ofsted.
What will I learn?
3rg’s Paediatric First Aid course covers the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first-aider, allowing the carer to provide first aid for an infant or a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally. Be able to provide first aid for an infant or a child who has a foreign body airway obstruction, be able to administer first aid to an infant or a child with head and spinal injuries, how to administer first aid to an infant or a child who has sustained an electric shock. How to complete records relating to illnesses, injuries and emergencies.
- Planning for first aid emergencies
- Dealing with emergencies
- Recognising and dealing with shock
- Recognising and responding appropriately to anaphylactic shock
- Recognising and responding appropriately to electric shock
- Recognising and responding appropriately to bleeding
- Responding appropriately to burns and scalds
- Responding appropriately to choking
- Responding appropriately to suspected fractures
- Responding appropriately to head, neck and back injuries
- Recognising and responding appropriately to cases of poisoning
- Responding appropriately to foreign bodies in eyes, ears and noses
- Responding appropriately to eye injuries
- Responding appropriately to bites and stings
- Responding appropriately to effects of extreme heat and cold
- Responding appropriately to febrile convulsions
- Recognising and responding appropriately to the emergency needs of chronic medical conditions including: epilepsy, asthma, sickle cell, diabetes
- Recognising and responding appropriately to meningitis and other serious sudden illness
By the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
- Act safely, promptly and effectively during emergencies.
- Administer first aid to an infant or a child
- Use first aid equipment.
- Be aware of current first aid protocols.
- Maintain first aid records.
Ongoing assessment will take place throughout the course which will include written/oral questioning. Certification is valid for three years from the date of issue.